Weare Animal Guardians.
NH Plan A NH Plan B Other NH plans STOP Friends of Animals
The following is an outline of some of the current programs available:
NH Animal Population Control Program - Plan A
- NH Residents who have adopted a cat or dog from a shelter.
- $25.00 - Pet owners pay this fee directly to the veterinarian.
- Pre-Surgery examination and immunizations are NOT covered.
- In heat, pregnant spays, retained testicles or any other extraordinary expenses will result in additional charges.
- Obtain a surgical authorization form; and a list of participating veterinarians from the shelter where you adopted your pet.
- Chose a veterinarian from the list and call for an appointment.
- Present authorization form and pay the $25.00 fee to the veterinarian.
NH Animal Population Control Program - Plan B Available to:
NH Residents who receive, or are eligible for, benefits from:
Food Stamps Aid to the Needy Blind Medicaid Old Age Assistance AFDC Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Aid to the Permanently and
- Fee is $10 for an uncomplicated surgery - Pet owner pays fee directly to the veterinarian.
- This covers a pre surgical exam and up to $30 in immunizations,
- Obtain a Plan B application, and list of veterinarians from:
- An animal shelter.
- NH Division of Welfare District Office
- NH Department of Agriculture, APC Program, State House Annex 33 Capitol Street, Concord, NH 03301, 603-271-3697
- Complete Part 1 of the application and return it to the APC Program with with proof of eligibility. (It will be sent back to you)
- Call a participating veterinarian for an appointment.
- Present Plan B application and pay $10.00 to the vet.
NH Spaying and Altering Service Program Available to:
NH residents who need financial assistance.
- Females - $52.00
- Males - $39.00
- Females - $39.00
- Males - $26.00
Call or write for an application:NHAS 8 Hutchins Street Concord, NH 03301 (603) 224-1361 (before 2:00pm)
- If approved, mail in application with appropriate fee and you will be sent a certificate and list of participating veterinarians.
- Call and make an appointment with a participating veterinarian.
Solutions to Overpopulations of Pets(STOP) (Spay Program for Mother Cats)
- NH residents with a female cat (which has already had a litter or is currently pregnant) AND who do NOT qualify for either NH Plan A or B.
- Pay full fee to the veterinarian.
- Receive a $25.00 refund (from STOP) after the surgury is complete.
- Call or write for an application:STOP 24 Montgomery St Concord NH 03301 1-800-990-SPAY
Once approved, have the cat spayed by any liscenced NH veterinarian. Send information to the STOP program to receive a $25.00 refund.
Friends of Animals Program
- Any cat or dog owner (regardless of financial need).
- Females - $75.00
- Males - $54.00
- Females - $55.00
- Males - $40.00
Call or write for an application:Friends of Animals 777 Post Road, Suite 205 Darien, CT 06820 800-321-PETS - 800-321-7387 email@example.com
- Mail in application with appropriate fee.
- Upon receipt of certificate, make an appointment with any participating veterinarian. (A list will be sent with your application)